Your CV is your most valuable tool to get to the job interview stage. Therefore, the more effort you put into tailoring your CV to the job you are applying for, the more likely you are to get an interview.
In brief, there are a few golden rules to follow when writing or updating your CV:
- Make your contact details clear, particularly your email address and phone number
- Always list your career history in reverse chronological order (most recent first)
- Use bullet points instead of long-winded sentences
- Make sure your key skills stand out
- Leave out any personal details such as your marital status
However, in order to survive the application process and get the job you are applying for, you will need more than just good CV writing skills.
Listing your work history in chronological order in no longer than two pages is a skill in itself but it will take more than that to land your dream job!